Unit 9 of our second year cycle is all about Creepy Crawlies! This unit is unique from our others with some brand new features we're testing out (and we want to hear what you think!). Take a look at what's new:
- Scopes are now in two places: on the resource page for the unit (which includes the book list with clickable links, the scope and sequence, the supply list, and more) as well as in the Teacher's Guide. They are no longer in the student books.
- Student table of contents now is broken up by individual page, subject focus, and title so that you know what you are doing for the whole unit at a glance.
- Writing project for this unit focuses on writing a bug report and presenting it (can be humorous, fictional or non-fiction, etc.)
- Spelling and vocabulary is worked in to the pages each week! PLUS a unique cheat sheet at the back with all your spelling and vocab words for the whole unit in one place.
- Grammar is worked in to the student notebook twice a week for this one. Students will learn something about good sentence structure or consistencies and then later edit a bug report giving them plenty of examples as well as practice.
- We have an exclusive resource page for the unit that includes daily videos as well as some video experiments and resources for planning!
- Instead of narration, we have students create a bug jar where they put interesting facts each day. Pull these out and try to guess what bug they are about (don't forget to make an answer key as you add to it!). This can be a fun activity for the whole family!
I know I know, bugs are gross, I get it. But, just for you, we have put our grossest, closest bugs (bugs in the home, and in or on our bodies) together in one week that you can skip if it is just too cringy to handle.
We have done our absolute best to make this unit as comprehensive and beautiful as possible, and I think your kids are going to love it!
What's included with this purchase?
This listing is for 1 student notebook and the accompanying Teacher's Guide in digital (PDF) format. It comes with the downloadable files (you print) of:
-The Teacher's Guide (164 pages)
-and ONE (1) level of your choice (if you have more than one child, it is better to buy the full family digital with all the levels).
-Pre-Reader (3-5 years old) (64 pages)
-Early Reader (5-7 years old) (166 pages)
-Early Elementary (8-10 years old) (160 pages)
-Upper Elementary (10-12 years old) (150 pages)
-Middle School (12-15 years old) (144 pages)
-High School (15-18 years old) (142 pages)
Learn more about how to place your child here.
How does it work?
Each of our full units incorporates all your subjects (but math) for all levels from early reader through high school. There are 20 individual lessons, designed to be done 4 days a week for 5 weeks or 5 days a week for 4 weeks. The lessons include grammar, Bible, Writing, Spelling, Geography, Social Studies, History, Art, and Science.
Upon purchase, you will get an email that includes your links to your digital downloads. We recommend downloading them and saving them to your computer, then printing them out (or casting them to your TV).
These digital files are for one single-family license only. Group orders must be requested through the Gather 'Round Group Department HERE.
Don't miss our Facebook group or our free app for more resources and community support!
Our files are unable to be edited. Digital files are delivered immediately and therefore are not eligible for return and are final sale once they have been purchased. See complete refund policy here.