Rise Up! Gather 'Round Spring Retreat 2023
Location + Price:
Lake Junaluska Retreat and Conference Center
91 North Lakeshore Dr.
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745
Individual– $120 (early bird is $99 + fees until October 19) (includes one swag bag per individual ticket and session recordings)
Family—we aren't looking to make money from this event, only to cover our costs. As such we have decided not to offer a family rate but rather to just make kids free, no matter how many you have. Hopefully that leaves more room in the budget for you to stay on site with us!
Can’t make it? Purchase individual session recordings at $6/session or buy all for $24.95
Theme + Schedule:
Theme: Rise Up!
After much prayer and consideration, we feel like God wants to encourage, equip, and propel His people to action. We believe God is raising up families who will worship together in spirit and in truth and wants to release a fresh vision in 2023. This is not a convention, it is not a sales pitch for Gather ‘Round, rather it is an intentional time for families and people with a shared vision to gather in His name and seek Him first. Our prayer is that you will walk away with confidence in who you are as individuals and as a family, what your purpose and calling is, and go forward in deeper unity with one another. Do you feel it? He’s about to move . . .
What to expect: The sessions will start with worship and then be general encouragement applicable to the whole family. We feel led to have no children’s program and instead just be together (we will have some coloring pages available for kids at the back). Each swag bag will include a session handbook with a place for notes and include your schedule and important information. We may have some fun actionables after sessions such as family ministry time where we pray for one another, an opportunity to make vision boards, taking time to restore relationships with one another, and more (we’re still waiting on God for all the intricate details so stay tuned). We aren’t here to just hear a nice word, we want to walk away stronger and more fortified in our callings and destinies!
We are also doing a teens night where Rebecca will share a short encouragement God has laid on her heart to the teens, there will be games, and possibly some snacks as well. You will find tickets for this event below in the add ons section. (feel free to share your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are available to volunteer let us know!).
We will have our full display available, which makes a great photo-op! We will also have a selfie booth set up where you can gather in His name together with your family or friends! We will not have physical books available for you to take home, but you will be able to order there at the retreat. It is the perfect time to be able to feel the books and see the quality of print, flip through the pages, read the content, and let your kids get excited about the year to come. We may have some merch available for sale as well.
- On Friday afternoon from 1-4 pm, Lake Junaluska will open up their canoe, kayak, and paddleboard rentals to our group. Each rental ($10 USD per person per hour) includes a paddle and a personal floatation device (PFD). The lake is beautiful and this would be fun for the whole family! Please note that fishing and pets are not allowed on rental canoes, and boaters under age 18 must have an adult on the water with them.
- We have reserved the open air gym on campus that has 2 basketball goals all day Friday and Saturday. This is fun for the whole family, though we hope to have some designated game times for teens each day.
- There are tennis and pickleball courts, volleyball, and gaga ball. Those areas are first come, first serve and you’ll want to bring your own equipment.
- Fishing in Lake Junaluska is permitted in several areas. You can find out more information here: https://lakejunaluska.com/activities/fishing/
- There is a very nice playground on campus.
- Take a stroll on the beautiful walking trail around Lake Junaluska where you’ll see some beautiful flowers blooming, birds, and a great view of the surrounding mountains.