We launched this curriculum in August of 2019 with a plan to release a new unit study at the end of each month. Here's a look at our unit lineups.
2019/2020 Units (Year 1)
- North American Birds
- Connecting continents (Asia)
- Connecting Continents (Europe)
- Connecting Continents (Africa)
- Earth Science (we'll do weather, layers of the earth, etc)
- Connecting Continents (North America)
- Human Body
- End of May: Connecting Continents (South America)
Mini Units: Christmas (available again in the fall), Indigenous Peoples and US Government
2020/2021 Units (Year 2)
- August: Antarctica
- September: Australia and Oceania
- October: Artists
- November: Ancient Civilizations
- December: Inventions and Ideas
- January: Transportation
- February: Botany
- March: Careers and Trades
- April: Creepy Crawly Things
- May: Farming and Food
Mini Units: (3) US History, Canadian Government, Easter, and Underground to Canada
2021/2022 Units (Year 3 IN PROCESS!)
*Due to Covid19, the Spooner studio fire, and staff shortages, the year 3 proposed schedule timeline has been adjusted. Watch your inbox and make sure you are a part of our newsletter or check in on the app so you don't miss updates and new launches!
- Living off the Land (Homesteading, canning, dehydrating) Released
- Dinosaurs (with a Creation focus) Released
- Psychology and the mind (behavior, cognition, dreams, development, the brain, and more) Released
- Entrepreneurship (math, business) Released
- Vikings Released
- Chemistry Released
- Middle Ages
- National Parks of North America (camping, survival, ecosystems, animals)
- Sports and PE
Mini Units: (6) will be released throughout the school year.
- Christmas Around the World (yes, the original Christmas will still be available) Released
- US History 4 Released
- US History 5 Released
- US History 6
- Novel Study: My Side of the Mountain
- Growing up with God (puberty, healthy relationships, identity, not 100% sure where I'll go with it yet)
2022/2023 Units (Year 4 UPCOMING!)
*Below is the proposed schedule of units for Year 4.
- Rocks + Minerals: Grow crystals, collect rocks, all the things!
- Renaissance: Art, history, science, and Shakespeare!
- Energy: Wind, solar, electricity, static, and more!
- Life Skills: Life skills, health + safety, manners, etc.
- North American Forest Animals: It’s NAB, with forest animals!
- Unsolved Mysteries: This unit is a mystery!
- Reptiles: Everything scaly and cold-blooded!
- Music: History of instruments, hymn studies, famous composers, + more!
Mini Units: The ones with stars will be only 1–4 days worth of lessons.
- Thanksgiving: * Both Canadian and US focus: differences, similarities, controversy, food. 1-week unit that can be done leading up to the holidays.
- James: Based on the book of James in the Bible: our first Bible mini unit devotional!
- Pets: All about domesticated animals! Horses, goats, sheep, dogs, cats, fish . .
- Alberta: Our first provincial unit! History, geography, landmarks, animals, economy!
- Pentecost: * A short 1–2 day unit to be done leading up to or on Pentecost
- St. Patrick: * A short 1-day unit to be done on St. Patricks Day
I would love your help getting the word out! Use #gatherroundhomeschool or tag me @homeschoolon and I might re-share your post!